Translate

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Happy Birthday Box card




I had a new learning experience building my first pop up box card.  There were several tutorials on how to build a pop up box card.  The tutorial that I used was located at:  http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/popupboxcard/ from Monica Gale.  A pop up box card is created to fold down to fit into an envelope.

I cut narrow strips with different lengths from a clear paper protector sheet and glued each flower, balloon, butterfly and 'Happy Birthday' on each strip giving with different lengths to give the height that I wanted for each one.  My challenge and time were arranging the flowers, balloons, etc. before finally gluing everything to the inside of the card.  One tutorial suggested to tape the strips and/or flowers, etc. inside the card first which can be removed again and again until you achieved the arrangement that you wanted before finally gluing it to the inside of the card which I used and recommend.

Several Cherry Lynn dies were used to build this card.  On the outside bottom of the card was the Cherry Lynn Sophia Heart Border (see in the pictures the scallop of this border).  The "Happy Birthday" is from Cherry Lynn.  The flowers came from Cherry Lynn Manon's Wedding Garland die.  I used the small flower from this die.  In the center of the arrangement, I used the Cherry Lynn Small Exotic Butterflies #1 as well as the Cherry Lynn Mini Fanciful Flourish

I created the presents with the ribbon using a square punch and the bows were created using the Zutter Bow Maker.  The balloons were punched from an old punch.

Additional dies from other companies used were the Cottage Cutz Number Candles and Marianne Designs Cupcake.  The paper is from Graphic 45 'Celebrate'

I am entering this card into Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Happy Birthday

1 comment:

Heather said...

A fabulous pop-up in a box card Nancy, a lovely combination of colours, papers and gorgeous elements........I love 'proud' sentiment !!

Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge,
hugs
Heather xx