Translate

Saturday, June 16, 2018

Steampuck Journal

Welcome and sharing my first handmade vintage steampuck handmade journal for my older grandson's birthday.  If this is your first time working with the steam puck theme, you are not alone.  I am learning from each project of what I will do different for the next one.
If you are looking for vintage parts for your vintage steam puck projects, The Rubber Buggy on-line store carries the supplies you will need from Prima Marketing, Tim Holtz, etc.  I also went to the hand ware store for a few more trinkets like the hinges to add besides adding the burlap to the side of the journal.  Occasionally, I pick up junk jewelry at thrift stores to add to my vintage projects like this blue stone and chain.  


Ciao Bella Codex Leonardo 
I started with the gorgeous Ciao Bella Codex Leonardo cardstock and used the Prima Marketing double sided-self adhesive 1" wide tape over a brown leathered journal.  I used a brush to apply gesso to coat the paper for the colored inks and paste for the stenciling. I purchased the Prima Marketing Finnabair Art Basics Mixed Media Essentials  This gessos comes  in three tubes of black, white and clear.  I used the black gesso on the stencil and let dry and then colored it with a little bit of Prima Marketing Rich Copper wax.  I selected the gears, handle and parts and took an evening on arranging how I will arrange this on this cover besides looking on google and Pinterest on how other people did their steam puck crafts before gluing it together.

Like I mentioned before in my first mixed media project, I really love the Prima Marketing Metallique Wax - Rich Copper and Prima Marketing Metallique Wax White Gold because of the metallic shimmer on the gears.  I used my fingers to apply this on the gears and the wax dries very slow so you can add or smear off what you don't want.  I added dabbed with a brush different colors of the Prima Marketing Finnabair Art Extravagance Rust Effect Paste - Metal Rust.  These jars have a sandy texture which brings out the rust effect on the trinkets. 

Prima Marketing Finnabair Art Extravagance Rust Effect Paste - Metal Rust



Products used 
Tim Holtz Timeless Clock Faces

I hope I have inspired you try out these mixed media products that are available at The Rubber Buggy on-line store.  My cards and projects are always posted on Saturday.  Keep watching and thank you so much for those wonderful comments as well as suggestions. 

Enjoy and Happy Crafting!


Nancy Hill
The Rubber Buggy Design Team




No comments: