Translate

Saturday, August 25, 2018

Lemon Craft Yesterday Birthday Card

Welcome back and hope you are enjoying your summer.  Harvest is good this year despite all of the repairs.

I made this card using the gorgeous Lemon Craft Yesterday paper collection along with the 
Lemon Craft Vintage 021 Butterfly Collection paper.  Love the vintage pastel patterned papers in this paper collection.  The Rubber Buggy has the gorgeous collection of Lemon Craft paper collections for you.  



Also, I have used a variety of fast grab quick drying glues.  I bought the Beacon 3-1 Glue and this glue will  almost stick to anything very nicely on my craft projects at all times.  I highly recommend this.  Not only does it grab very well but it glues quickly and clearly and flows  out of the bottle so well.  

I love all of the variety of butterflies that is found with the variety of Lemon Craft Vintage butterfly papers.  I used the butterfly from the Lemon Craft Vintage 021.  I had a couple other Lemon Craft Vintage butterfly papers that I love for my cards and projects.  I cut out the pink butterfly, shaped the wings with a roundness of the pencil handle to give it a soft curve to make it look like it is flying and used a damp paper cloth and sponged on some soft pink inks around the wings. 
 I used the NUVO glitter pen on the butterfly and roses on the paper to bring out more of the colors.  Hopefully, you can see the gorgeous shimmer on the butterfly from the NUVO glitter pen.

I cut off white floral wire from a paper flower and twisted it to for the body of the butterfly.  I used a hot glue gun to glue the wire on the butterfly.  
I cut out this cone template for the fan by folding the paper and cutting it as shown below.  I align the template to the top of each Lemon Craft patterned paper squares (found in the paper pad) with the lace from the Lemon Craft Yesterday paper pad.  I edge each fan petal with pink from a sponge or paper town and glued the fans together.  I used Prima Marketing Artisan tape to adhere the lace and bow on the fan.  

I found this cameo jewelry charm and used Prima Marketing Clear Gesso.  After the gesso dried, I used my fingers to paint the cameo with Prima Marketing Butterfly Spells Spark paint.  I adhered it to the bow with a hot glue gun.  To see the difference the top charm and metal corner are painted with the gesso and sparks, the bottom charm and corner haven't been painted yet (photo below).  




To finish off most of my cards (see photo above), adhere the crystals found in the Prima Marketing Say It In Crystals sets.  The two SIIC sets are only a small sample of the other gorgeous Prima Marketing Say It in Crystal sets that are available at The Rubber Buggy.  Be sure to check out the new arrivals like Prima Marketing Santa Crystals.


Lemon Craft Yesterday Paper Collection
Lemon Craft Vintage Butterfly 021
Beacon 3 and 1 Glue
Prima Marketing Finnabair Mixed Media Essential Gessos Set
Prima Marketing Sparks Butterfly Spells
Prima Marketing Artisan Tape 1"
Wild Orchid 10mm Baby Pink Roses
Prima Marketing Julie Nutting Say It In Crystals
I hope I have inspired you try out these products available at The Rubber Buggy on-line store.  My cards and projects are always posted on Saturday.  Keep watching and thank you so much for those wonderful comments as well as suggestions. 
Enjoy and Happy Crafting!




No comments: