Translate

Saturday, September 1, 2018

Lemon Craft Yesterday Birthday Card for Daughter-in-law

Welcome back and I am so excited to share a card that I made for our special daughter-in-law's birthday.
I am really loving the Lemon Craft Yesterday paper collection for my cards and projects.  Lemon Craft Yesterday comes in the 12" and 6" square paper collection pads.  Lemon Craft has a variety of other gorgeous papers that are available at The Rubber Buggy on-line store.  

This card measure 17mm square with the patterned paper measuring 16mm.  I used the 
Prima Marketing Memory Hardware Artisan 1" tape to adhere the front of the card to the card frame as well as adhere the bow to the card. I love using this tape to adhere any bow or ribbon to my cards because if I don't like how the bow is positioned on the card, I am easily able to take the bow off and reposition it on the card a few times until I am satisfied with how my bow is laying on the card and the tape remains sticky each time.

I used a Microsoft Word to type this sentiment.  I used a floral stamp with light brown ink and stamped it around the sentiment before gluing the chipboard frame on top of  the sentiment.  I colored the chipboard with Prima Marketing White Gesso and then with Prima Marketing Butterfly Spell and Prima Marketing Vintage White Gold wax.  I added the Wild Orchid Craft 15mm pink roses and these tiny Wild Orchid flowers on the frame.  
I added the Prima Marketing Melange Sugar Art Pebbles on the card and on the corner metal embellishments.  Prima Marketing has a variety of gorgeous crystals for your cards and projects that are available at The Rubber Buggy.  I took a photo of the new Prima Marketing Melange Sugar Art Pebbles so that you can see the different sizes and gorgeous colors.  I used the small pebbles and used the Beacon 3-1 glue to adhere the pebbles around the card.  I just love the glitter to these pebbles.  I plan on using this jar of Sugar Pebbles on the Christmas and winter birthday cards this fall.  
Prima Marketing Melange Sugar Art Pebbles
On the metal corner embellishments of the card, I used the Prima Marketing Clear Gesso and let dry for a few minutes.  I applied the Prima Marketing Butterfly Spell Sparks which add such a nice shimmer.  By the way, if you don't like what colors added after the Gesso, it is so easy to clean the metal embellishments off with warm water and a little rubbing it off with your fingers or a washcloth to start over again.  
Don't throw those little bits and pieces of paper that was left over.  Just glue these pieces to the back of the card using the Beacon 3-1 Advanced glue to make a collage and stamp your name on it.  

Prima Marketing Melange Sugar Pebbles
I hope I have inspired you try out these products available at The Rubber Buggy on-line store.  My cards and projects are always posted on Saturday.  Keep watching and thank you so much for those wonderful comments as well as suggestions. 
Enjoy and Happy Crafting!




No comments: