Translate

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge 135 - Red, White and Blue



I wasn't sure what I had in Cherry Lynn for a patriotic red, white and blue card. It took me a while since I didn't have a complete idea on how this card will look so I started with the Cherry Lynn Cape Cod DL 250 doily and made a  red white and blue flag from the Sizzix die and cut out red and blue circles.  After gluing the circle and doily, I cut the it in half and glued the flag in the center.  The doily and flag looked better on the Cherry Lynn Step Card B348 than other card shapes that I tried out.


I cut out the bear with the flag, stars, the red, white and blue frame and "God Bless America" from an ole 4th of July Darice printed paper.  I used paper came from my scraps to make the rest of the card.   I cut out two fireworks which is on top left and curled and glued on top of the other to give it some dimension.  I added Stickle glue on the printed fireworks, stars and on the bear's hat to add sparkle. 

4 comments:

shulsart said...

What a fun Patriotic card, Nancy. Love that flag and what a cute little bear. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Irina Gerschuk said...

Oh, this project is absolutely fabulous!!! Love the bear and how the die-cuts fits each other)))
Thank you for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs!

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

Nancy, your card is just adorable! I love the design and your sweet little bear too!!! Thanks for joining us at Cheery Lynn Designs this week for our challenge. : )

Corina said...

The bear is prefect at the top of the card! Thank you for joining the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs!