Translate

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge 135 - Red, White and Blue



I wasn't sure what I had in Cherry Lynn for a patriotic red, white and blue card. It took me a while since I didn't have a complete idea on how this card will look so I started with the Cherry Lynn Cape Cod DL 250 doily and made a  red white and blue flag from the Sizzix die and cut out red and blue circles.  After gluing the circle and doily, I cut the it in half and glued the flag in the center.  The doily and flag looked better on the Cherry Lynn Step Card B348 than other card shapes that I tried out.


I cut out the bear with the flag, stars, the red, white and blue frame and "God Bless America" from an ole 4th of July Darice printed paper.  I used paper came from my scraps to make the rest of the card.   I cut out two fireworks which is on top left and curled and glued on top of the other to give it some dimension.  I added Stickle glue on the printed fireworks, stars and on the bear's hat to add sparkle. 
Post a Comment