Translate

Monday, July 20, 2015

Christmas Vintage card



The red cardinal inspired me when I went back to Missouri for my mother's funeral during Christmas time.  The beautiful red cardinal were on the snow covered ground.  From that time forward, I decorated my Christmas tree with red cardinals to remind me of my mother and the beautiful time we spent during our grieving time with special relatives on their farm who fed their red cardinal under their walnut tree.

All of the dies except for one were from Cherry Lynn Design:  Merry Christmas, Covered Rectangle Silver Stacker, Rectangle Covered Boutique Stacker, and step card set.

The pine branch die is from Impression Obsession.  After cutting the branches, I applied clear embossing powder.  It makes the branches stand out and look more real. 

The Christmas paper and glitter paper were DCWV paper from Joann Fabric.

I made the red glitter dots using drops of hot glue from the hot glue gun and covered the hot dots with red glitter.  I let the dots cool down before gluing it on the card.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Dies R Us Challenge #29:  Christmas in July
Cherry Lynn Challenge #194:  Silver and/or Gold
Scrapyland Challenge #22:  Vintage and/or Steampuck
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge #24:  I scream for...  seeing red cardinals during Christmas time



 
Post a Comment