Translate

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Autumn Wreath


 I am thrilled to have been asked to Guest Design for my all time favorite, Scrapyland and working with all of their inspiring and talented designers.

It's the first Wednesday of the month and that means it's time for a new Scrapyland Challenge (http://www.scrapyland-blog.com/). The Scrapyland Challenge #27 is "Anything Goes" using any brand of die that Scrapyland sells.  This challenge ends on October 21st and the winner, chosen by the Designers, will receive a $15 gift certificate to Scrapyland (http://www.scrapyland.com/) store. 

I love the fall time feeling the crisp cool air and seeing the fall colors.  Therefore, my first card as a guest designer will be a wreath with the colors of autumn leaves.

 I started with cutting a 3 1/2"  circle to begin the frame for my wreath.  I had a Stampin Up sentiment and stamped it in the center of the circle using Color Box gold pigment ink.  I covered the sentiment with Ranger clear embossing powder and heated it with the embossing gun to bring out the gold sentiment.

I made the small flowers from Impression Obsession Spiral Flowers die that comes in a set.  I used round brads for the center of each flowers and colored the brads with a dark brown Copic Marker.

The leaves were made with Impression Obsession Small Leaf Set #1 die .  I cut out three sets of leaves using yellow Bazzill card stock paper.  I sponged the edges of the leaves with Color Box pigment inks of yellow, orange, purple and/or green.  To make each leaf shine like real leaves, I used Versamark embossing pad on each leaf and applied Ranger clear embossing powder to cover the entire leaf and then applied the embossing gun to the power.  Afterwards, I molded each leaf with my fingers to give it added dimension to look more realistic.  I glued the leaves, flowers and bow around the sentiment.

I made the acorns using a 1/2" circle punch and a small oval punch.  I cut the 1/2" circle in half and used a very detailed embossing folder to emboss this half circle and sponged dark brown ink to give it more texture before gluing it on the small oval.  I sponged it again around the acorn and molded it a little with my finger to give it a 3-D rounded appearance before gluing the three acorns on the wreath.

I made the double colored bow using the Zutter Bow-It-All V2.  There are tutorials on U-Tube that  shows you how to make one bow using two different ribbons.

I glued the wreath in the center of one Cherry Lynn Design Sophia Heart Doily die cut. 

I was fortunate to find from Graphic 45 Once Upon A Springtime Classic Collection, a printed card stock paper with a window frame that fits well with the wreath.  I glued the wreath with the doily in the center of the window frame. 

Supplies:
Impression Obsession Small Leaf Set #1 die
Impression Obsession Spiral Flower die
Cherry Lynn Design Sophia's Heart Doily die
Ranger Clear Embossing Powder
Versamark stamp embossing pad
Color Box pigment ink
Bazzill cream and orange card stock
Zutter Bow-It-All V2
Graphic 45 Once Upon A Springtime Classic Collection






5 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Nancy, and welcome to the SL team! Your lovely Autumn wreath is so pretty with the salmony-pink highlights and gorgeous orange hues. Love every tiny detail of leaf and flower in your wreath, including the 2 beautiful bows! I especially like the sentiment nestled into the wreath, like a door waiting to be opened to let visitors in! Beautiful! hugs, de

Anne Temple said...

This is beautiful and I love your wreath. Great colors and a fabulous bow! So glad to have you as part of the team for the next few months!

Lori Kobular said...

Love the beautiful fall colors on your lovely card! The wreath is outstanding and I especially love the two ribbon bow!

Samra said...

Stunning make Nancy!!! Love that Fall Wreath and such gorgeous colors!
Hugs :)

Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Sherrie K. said...

Beautiful card! I absolutely LOVE the wreath and the fabulous colors:)
Sherrie K