Translate

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Christmas Creative Expression Sue Wilson Noel


I am entering this card in the Scrapy Land Challenge #23:  Anything Goes.    Scrapy Land carries these brand names listed below.

I just received the Creative Expression dies of Sue Wilson 'Noel' and 'Poinsettia Mosaic'.  I just love the words around the NOEL on this die.  I cut out two Noel die cuts, one with white paper and the other with silver glitter paper.  I cut out the Noel from  silver glitter paper and glued it onto the white Noel die cut.  I used silver Stickles glitter glue on the words around the NOEL. 

The black frame around the NOEL is from Cherry Lynn Designs 'Horizontal Boutique Square Stacker Frame'.

The poinsetta was made using the Spellbinder layered poinsettia dies and silver glitter paper with regular white card stock for Sue Wilson 'Mosaic Poinsettia' and layered the poinsettia flower petals before adding pearls in the center. 

I added dark silver glitter pine branches from the Martha Stewart pine branch punch behind the poinsettia.  The larger pine branches are from Impression Obsession 'Pine Branch' die.  I used a clear embossing powder to give the pine branches a shine.  I added a silver ribbon behind the poinsettia.  
  
The white paper was embossed using the Tattered Lace Holly embossing folder.



3 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Nancy! I just love your card design with that combination of die cuts, and the elegant flow of die cuts utilized! Just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your pretty project in the Scrapy Land Challenge, and for sharing as a GTD! Hope you will join us again! hugs and blessings, de {Creative Smiles}

Lori Kobular said...

Such an elegant Chrismtas card! Don't you just love the Sue Wilson dies? I sure do and that Noel and poinsettia are gorgeous! Love all the glitter too! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #23!

Anne Temple said...

Wow! Love this! Your Christmas card is so elegant and I love the poinsettia you created. I think it's one of the prettiest I've seen. Thanks for sharing another fabulous project with us for the Scrapy Land Challenge.