Translate

Monday, January 26, 2015

Cherry Lynn Challenge #169 - Anything Goes




My daughter gave me three day notice that they are getting married this Sunday and I love a challenge so I volunteered to hold the reception at my house as well as being the photographer.  They were getting married this summer but due to penalties for not having insurance, they rushed to get married to meet the Federal deadlines.  Therefore, I have three days to make a card, do the reception, make cakes, cook for a number of people, etc.  In this small town about 4 hours from a city, I had to make everything myself as well as become the photographer at the wedding and hold the reception at my house since there wasn't any restaurants open on Sunday.  I used the butterfly from Cherry Lynn along with making some paper flowers for the cake and floral decorations.

I just received the Cherry Lynn Anastasia Border and used it for my outside frame of the card.  I also got the Cherry Lynn Small Tea Rose die with the same order from Cherry Lynn Company.  I did a few tea roses using this die but added this time two Prima pink flowers behind the roses which added some dimension and contrast.  The miniature white flowers are from the Cherry Lynn Baby Breath Flower Kit die and added the Ranger Liquid Pearl and the Congratulations is also from Cherry Lynn.  Their is a small dragon fly from the Cherry Lynn Tiny Things That Fly die.

The couple is made using the Tattered Lace Couple die and added Ranger Liquid Pearl to the dress.  The gold frame is from Spellbinder and I added gold embossing on the outside of the frame.

Below is the Cherry Lynn Lace Flourish Butterfly.  I did the arrangements using real flowers, paper flowers and plastic flowers.   I baked two cakes and used the cream cheese frosting.  I made errors with my photography since I forgot to clean the lenses and making a special filling in my  cakes was a challenge.  I covered some of the errors with flowers.  I learned alot and enjoyed the challenge and especially the wonderful company and wedding. I learned a few things for the next large gatherings at my house.




6 comments:

shulsart said...

Goodness, Nancy, you did a fabulous job on your stunning card, the cakes and the floral arrangements. Congratulations on the new son-in-law! Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Anita Kejriwal said...

This is gorgeous beyond words. What a beautiful array of projects and wonderful and clever use of dies. Thanks for sharing your entry with the cheery lynn challenge. Best of luck.

Anita Kejriwal said...

This is gorgeous beyond words. What a beautiful array of projects and wonderful and clever use of dies. Thanks for sharing your entry with the cheery lynn challenge. Best of luck.

LeslieRahye said...

BEAUTIFUL card! And I love the butterfly added to the flowers and cakes. :) Thank you for joining us at Cheery Lynn Challenges! Good Luck!

Karen said...

Nancy - This is a stunning card, and I loved seeing the butterfly on the flowers and cake..great touch! WOW!! Thanks for playing in the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge. Good luck to you!

Debbie's Time Out said...

Wow Nancy. This is so elegant. Such a nice soft look. Thanks for joining the Cheery Lynn Design challenge, Good Luck to you.