Translate

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Nature and Penny Black Stamp




 I just bought the Penny Black Stamp - Sweet Fairies.  I love the little one holding the lady bug and the stomach sticking out.  I stamped it with Memento black ink and colored it with Copic Markers.

I used the Crafter's Companion Die'sire Create-A-Card Cutting & Embossing Die called 'Precious' and added the Cherry Lynn Design border "Francesca".  

The inside frame with the Penny Black Stamp 'Sweet Fairies', I used the Cherry Lynn Swedish Spring Floral Frame and Cherry Lynn Horizon Oval Boutique Stacker Frame.

In the floral area, I used the Cherry Lynn Design dies:  Fanciful Flourish, Flourish Leaf Strip, small Tea Rose and made the rose buds from the medium and small Tea Rose dies.  I cut a few small butterflies from the Memory Box butterfly strip.

The hummingbird and dragon fly is from the Cherry Lynn Design 'Tiny Things with Wings'.  

Below, I made the tiny lady bugs with the Deluxe Aleene glue gun and Aleene glue sticks. I made about 20 red glitter dots at a time.  I used the dots to make red holly berries or lady bugs.  

The Deluxe Aleene glue gun kit comes with a variety of tips.  I used the smallest round tip.  First, set the glue gun to the hotter temperature.  After doing about two dots with the glue, immediately add glitter.   After all of the red glitter dots have cooled, I used Ranger Rick Black Liquid Pearl to the tips of the red glitter dots for the head of the lady bugs and a black Sharpee pen for the dots of the lady bug.  Also, a powder red pearl is beautiful to use besides the red glitter.  If you use the red pearl powder, wait until the glue is no longer hot and very dry.  Using your fingers,  add the red pearl powder to the glue dot.  It looks like a real pearl. 

If there is any glue string on the dot, I cut it off with scissors.  Not all glue dots were perfectly round.  I found one mistake that I was making earlier was waiting for the string to break and not releasing the glue gun immediately.  Therefore, I wasn't getting the good dots.  Therefore, release the glue gun handle immediately to get better dots.  I really don't know if putting the glue dots on aluminum foil is better but I think I like parchment paper better.
This card is being entered in the following challenges:
Cherry Lynn Design Challenge #197 - Back to Nature
Scrapy Land Challenge #23 - Anything Goes
Dies R Us Challenge #30 - Summer Time Fun
7 Kids College Fund #132   - Anything Goes



9 comments:

shulsart said...

Adorable card, Nancy, what an adorable image and a lovely floral embellishment. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge

Barbara said...

What a beautiful card, so fine... :)
Thank you for joining us at DIES R US challenge ...
Barbara
Dies R Us Challenge Blog DT
http://carterie-creative.blogspot.fr

Glenda said...

This is just beautiful! Love those little lady bugs! Thanks for joining us at Dies R Us for the 'Summertime Fun' challenge!

Darlene said...

What an adorable creation Nancy! Love your little lady bugs ... too precious! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘SUMMERTIME FUN’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Lori Kobular said...

I love your dainty and lovely card! That little Fairy holding the ladybug is so sweet and I love the way the dies all go together so beautifully! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #23!

Anne Temple said...

This is adorable. I love the floral spray framing the image too. Thanks for the tips about the glue dots and glitter. I'll have to try that. So glad you shared another wonderful project with us for the Scrapy Land Challenge.

Debbie's Time Out said...

Nancy this is so lacey and elegant looking. Love all the white with just the image and flowers in color. Thanks for joining the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge. Best of Luck to you.

Sandi said...

Your card is adorable! I love the ladybugs you made as well, very creative! Thanks for playing with us this week at http://www.7kidscollegefund.com/
Huggs

Rosie said...

This is so gorgeous! Love the pop of color against the white! Thank you for playing in our challenge at www.7kidscollegefund.com. Hugs, Rosie