Translate

Monday, December 7, 2015

Fish Gear Christmas Wreath

 I needed a Christmas card for my son and since he fishes all the time, the Cheery Lynn Design Fishing Set was perfect for this wreath.  I punched out enough Martha Stewart pine branches until the punch broke.  I colored some of the pine branches so that the wreath has some other colors than green to stand out more.  I glued the pine branches on a Cheery Lynn English doily and used a circle die to cut out the middle of the doily for the rainbow trout which is in this same fishing set besides the lures, fishing pole, worm and bobber.  I used the Cheery Lynn Merry Christmas and cut off the snowflakes since it wouldn't go with this card. 


 I colored the fish and lures with my Copic markers and then added different colored glitters from Sparkle n Sprinkle and afterwards, clear embossing powder over the glitter to make each one stand out more on the wreath.  Also, I added some Stampendous Deep Impression Embossing Powder to make the wreath look like it had snow on it. 

I added the bobber to the bow made with gorgeous Sheer Stitch/Satin Ombre Red ribbon made from my bow maker, the Zutter Bow-It-All V2 from Really Reasonable Ribbon.   I highly recommend buying your ribbon from this fantastic company because the customer service is wonderful and the ribbon, lace and products are just beautiful.  
I hope you enjoyed my Christmas wreath with the fishing gear and would appreciate a comment.

Some of the dies and supplies used are: 
Cheery Lynn Fishing Set
Cheery Lynn English Doily
Stampendous Deep Impression Powder


I am entering this card in the following challenges:
 

Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge #214 - Red and Green Color Theme
Dies R Us Challenge #38 - Christmas
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Let It Snow
Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog - Merry Christmas and Anything Goes


Post a Comment