Translate

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Card with Dresser Drawers


This was a lot of fun making my first card easel with drawers.  I viewed a few tutorials on easel cards with drawers and had to use different measurements to fit the drawers made using my Sizzix Pro box die.  I cut out two boxes first and used antique looking brads for the handles before glueing the sides together. I measured how much paper to fit around my  boxes and used plain cream paper before adding the Graphic 45 paper.

I love my Graphic 45 papers as well as the Cherry Lynn flower dies and borders to create vintage cards and projects.  I love going to thrift stores and garage sales to find accents and ribbons and found the Design Accent resin hat and shoe in a Boise thrift store and colored them with my Copic markers.  Also, found black feathers and this camera brad at a garage sale and added these to the flower arrangements since the lady in the picture had a feather in her hat.  I added a small feather to the resin hat after coloring it. 

The flowers,  leaves and border are from Cherry Lynn and the frame around the lady is from Spellbinders Nestabilities - Floral Oval.

Supplies used:

Graphic 45 Paper - A Ladies Diary
Cherry Lynn - Miniature Rose
Cherry Lynn - Black Eyed Susan Strip
Cherry Lynn - Gardenia Small 
Cherry Lynn - Flourish Leaf Strip
Cherry Lynn - Anastasia Border
Cherry Lynn - Leaf Strip
Spellbinder Nestabilities - Floral Oval

I am entering this card in the Cherry Lynn #177 - Anything Goes
Fan-Tastic Tuesday Challenge #77 - Square

No comments: