Translate

Friday, June 26, 2015

Happy Birthday to my nephew




My favorite color combination this year is using Coral/burnt orange with different shades of green.

My paper is the Graphic 45 'Time to Celebration'.  The banner and cakes are also from Graphic 45.  I cut the banner and extra cakes out and used a flower tool to mold it on the backs to form a 3D affect and used 3D glue dots on the back to keep the shape.   I used 3D glue dots on the back of  the molded cakes onto the paper with the not cut out cakes and added Stickle glitter glue on the candles.

My new frame is from Spellbinder Oval Regalia.  I added pearls around the frame.  I cut out the center of the Graphic 45 paper with a Spellbinder oval die and glued it onto the die.  I used glue dots to the back of the frame Spellbinder oval die to add a layer. 

The Graphic 45 banner was cut out of the Graphic 45 Time to Celebration paper.  The  rose is from Wild Orchid Crafts since I was a bit lazy to make the rose today.  I molded some leaves from the Cherry Lynn Ivy Leaf die and glued it around the rose to give it more of a 3D look for the leaves. 

The banner originally had on the paper the words 'Happy Birthday'  but  I colored over it with a Copic Marker and added the Cherry Lynn Designs 'Celebrate'.  I added The Cherry Lynn Design 'Happy Birthday' in the center of the oval frame.

 I use Cherry Lynn Design word dies almost all of the time since stamps don't always work for me.  It is definitely worth having a variety of Cherry Lynn Design sentiments in my die sets.  The Cherry Lynn Design saying/sentiment dies set come in two sizes. 

The corners are also from Cherry Lynn Design Lace Deco E.

 The design for the bow, can be found "Make Time to Craft" on Bonnie Garby's blog in which she created a tutorial of adding two different ribbons to form a bow:  http://www.maketime2craft.com/2015/05/bi-color-double-loop-double-layer-bow.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+maketime2craft%2FshNS+%28Make+Time+2+Craft%29.

I am entering this card in the following challenges
Dies R Us Challenge #27:  Flags and/or Banner
Cherry Lynn Design Challenge #190:  Anything Goes
Scrapy Land Challenge #20:  Favorite Color Combo
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge:  Anything Goes


8 comments:

jenn shurkus said...

beautiful color combo :) and awesome card!! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

Juliz Design Post said...

Beautiful card Nancy with a pretty vintage style. Thanks so much for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck.
Julie x

Lori Kobular said...

Gorgeous birthday card! I love that Spellbinder Regalia oval and the coral and green go together perfectly! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #20!

shulsart said...

Nancy, I love this color combination also, bright and happy! Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Jenny Alia said...

Gorgeous colors and your bows are always stunning! Thanks so much for joining the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs!

Darlene said...

Oh Nancy this card is just precious! Sure to bring a smile to the birthday recipients face! Love your color combo! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘FLAGS and/or BANNERS’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Leslie Miller said...

It's a great color combo, as well as a fabulous combo of dies! Love the way you did the bow (another great combo!). Thanks for sharing this awesome creation in our Flags and/or Banner Challenge at Dies R Us!

Anne Temple said...

Your birthday card is beautiful.. Love the soft colors. SO glad you shared it with us for the Scrapy Land Challenge.