Translate

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Patriotic Card



I had fun creating this card from my new Statue of Liberty Whispers by Die-Versions purchased this past week from Dies R Us store.

I embossed the card using Stampin Up Stars embossing folder.  I punched out red, white and blue stars and glued the stars where the embossed stars were on the white paper.  I cut out three Statue of Liberty dies from three glitter colors (red, white and blue) and cut out the stars and glued it onto the Statue of Liberty.  I used the red and white glitter parts from the banner and added it to the Statue of Liberty.

The printed paper came from Paper Studio All Seasons Part II.

The frames were made using the Cherry Lynn Designs Oval Boutique Stacker frames and Oval Classic Silver Stackers.

The design for the ribbon, can be found "Make Time to Craft" on Bonnie Garby's blog in which she created a tutorial:  http://www.maketime2craft.com/2015/05/bi-color-double-loop-double-layer-bow.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+maketime2craft%2FshNS+%28Make+Time+2+Craft%29.

I am entering this card in DiesRUs challenge #27:  Flags and/or Banners




4 comments:

Diane said...

Wow..this card is stunning!! I love how you added the stars..lots of work! Thank you for joining us at "Dies R Us" for our "Flags/Banners" challenge!
Diane DRU DT

Bonnie Garby said...

Wow! Love your card Nancy and that bow if fantastic!! I love how you took it one step further and added the blue ribbon as the center tie. What a fabulous idea!!

Darlene said...

BEAUTIFUL creation Nancy! Love the design! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘FLAGS and/or BANNERS’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Leslie Miller said...

That's a fabulous piece of patriotic work, Nancy! I sure love the stars embossing folder as well as every other detail. Thanks for joining our Flags and/or Banners challenge at Dies R Us!