Translate

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Love Birds


This was a challenge to try to do a red, white and blue card since I normally don't combine red with soft cool colors.  The digital image was given to me by a friend.  Therefore, I don't know what company created this.  I colored this image with my Copic Markers using B000 and neutral grays and very light pink.  I colored the roses with Copic Markers but went over the roses with a red glitter pen and a bluish green pen for the leaves.

The red beads in the boutique and pearl hearts are from Wild Orchid Crafts.  I made the rose from the Cherry Lynn Design Gardenia die and added the blue leaves from the Cherry Lynn Design Ivy Strip die.  I added Marianne Design die of flowers to give more dimension to the boutique. 

The inside and middle frame is from Cherry Lynn Boutique and the blue frame is from Spellbinders.  The lace is from Cherry Lynn Design scallop die. I embossed the middle frame with Stampin Up Heart embossing folder.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

DiesRUs Challenge:  Love Birds

Cherry Lynn Challenge:  Red, White and Blue

8 comments:

Darlene said...

Just gorgeous Nancy and I love the R/W/B color scheme! FABULOUS! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘LOVE BIRDS’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Lori Kobular said...

Lovely card! I really love the pale blue paired with the bright red! I think is is gorgeous and I love the dies that you used! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #19!

Eva said...

WOW!!! This is such a gorgeous card...so love all the pretty dies you used, your design and that stamp image is adorable!!! Thanks for joining us for this week's Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

shulsart said...

Aw, this is just too sweet, Nancy, wonderful layering of dies. The image is from Sylvia Zet and is a rubber stamp from Whimsy Stamps, it is called Bird Swing. You did a good job of balancing the bright red with the softer colors. Good luck and thanks for joining us this week at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Debbie's Time Out said...

Nancy Wow so elegant and lacy looking. Very stunning. Thanks for joining us in the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge. Best of luck to you.

Juliz Design Post said...

Gorgeous card, beautiful layering and your image is so sweet. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck.
Julie x

Jenny Alia said...

Nancy, this is just lovely! Your work always has such beautiful, delicate touches. Thanks for joining the challenge at Cheery Lynn.

Patricia St Martin said...

Nancy, Gorgeous, your image is adorable and all the fantastic die cuts work so well together. Fabulous ideas and great inspiration.
Hugz from Wisconsin, Patricia
Scrapy Land Store
rubber stamping is my game blog