Translate

Friday, June 19, 2015

A Card to a Friend


 I have a friend that has been sick for a while and I wanted to send a card that is humorous as well as  thinking of her. 

I just bought the Elizabeth Crafts Oval Accordion die last week and would advise looking at some tutorials such as Dr. Sonia's besides looking at the instructions for the first one made since it was a challenge for me and had to throw away the first two cards.

I made the rose from Cherry Lynn Designs Medium Rose die.  I love using the Cherry Lynn Design flowers and leaves for most of my cards.  I use tacky glue to make my flowers most of the time.  I struggle using a glue gun for flowers since the glue dries so fast.

The banner in the front of the card was made using the Spellbinder Label die and was stamped with the Paper Inspiration stamp.

Paper is from Graphic 45.  I love using burnt orange and sage green often and is probably my favorite color combination.

Leaves were made using Cherry Lynn Designs Ivy Strip and Leaf Flourish.


Top of card is a Spellbinder die.
Side of Card is from Marianne Designs.
I used Art Impression Stamps for the doctor, saying "Yep..." and for the nurse and colored them with Copic Markers.
Sentiment is from Paper Inspiration stamp bought years ago.




I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Dies R Us Challenge #27:  Flags and/or Banners
Scrapy Land Challenge #20:  Favorite Color Combo and use a Scrapy Land Brand
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge:  Simon Says Use Your Favorite Technique and/or Product

7 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

You persevered and came up with something amazing! What a fabulous pick me up this will be for your friend. Thank you so much for sharing it in our Flags and/or Banners Challenge at Dies R Us!

Darlene said...

Fabulous creation Nancy! So glad you stuck with it and 'got r done' ... it's fantastic! Well done! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘FLAGS and/or BANNERS’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Patricia Chalas said...

great card!!! thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge!!

Lori Kobular said...

Wow! That die is incredible! I love the images you have on all the pieces and I am sure it cheered up your friend! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #20!

Anne Temple said...

Fabulous get well card for your friend. That accordion definitely takes some getting used to. So glad you shared it with us for the Scrapy Land Challenge.

Caryn said...

I bet this cheered your friend up no end, lol!! Fab card.
Thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Patricia St Martin said...

Really fun card. Love all the panels. Fabulous ideas and great inspiration.
Hugz from Wisconsin, Patricia
Scrapy Land Store
rubber stamping is my game blog