Translate

Friday, November 6, 2015

Really Reasonable Ribbons Tag Challenge



Hi!  I am Nancy and excited to be on the talented designer team for Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I hope my Christmas tags inspire you to get started on your holiday cards and projects this Christmas season.  Start right away by ordering your beautiful ribbons and supplies from Really Reasonable Ribbon to make your gorgeous cards and projects stand out from the rest.



When I was a little girl, my aunt loved making flowers out of ribbon.  Therefore, I wanted these bows to appear like flowers on each of these tags.  I used the Scor Tape  that I bought at Really Reasonable Ribbon (RRR) to stick the bows on each stockings.  All of the stocking were hung using the RRR Baker's Twine Gold Metallic string.  The Christmas stocking die is from Sizzix.   

I wanted my first tag to look elegant so I decided to mixed the blue and white for the bow.  The beautiful blue ribbon with the snowflakes is the Grosgrain Blue Ribbon Mist Snowflake and the gorgeous white and silver ribbon is the Grosgrain Silver Edges White.  I had an old red felt Christmas stocking and cut out the white fur on top of the stocking to fit this one.  I used a blue Copic Marker to cover the white pearl on top of the corsage/hat pins.  I love making my corsage pins for my bows and individualize each pin for each card.  The embossing folder, poinsettia and leaf branch are from Creative Expression Sue Wilson Designs.
 
I love working with seam binding ribbon.  Did you know that you can get a vintage look by using a hot embossing gun to give seam binding ribbon some wrinkles to make it look old.  This is the RRR Lipstick Red seam binding ribbon with the RRR Wild Orchid Craft Gold Bead Berry Spray in the center to make the poinsettia.   The angel was a tie pin and the bells were earrings that I bought at a garage sale.  I used felt this time for the top of the stocking.  The green leaves are from Cherry Lynn and the white branch is from Creative Expression Sue Wilson die. 
 
 
I wanted to make a rustic country tag since we live in the country and raise cows and farm.  This bow was made using the RRR Wired Faux Burlap Antique Gold ribbon with the RRR red Wild Orchid  Wild Bead Berry Spray in the center.
I loved working with this wired burlap ribbon to make this bow.  The burlap paper is from DCWV printed burlap pad and matches well with this beautiful burlap ribbon.  The white branch is from Creative Expression Sue Wilson Designs.





















I really love my new ribbons, supplies and Zutter Bow-It-All V2 Bow Maker from Really Reasonable Ribbon. Learn how to tie different styles of ribbon bows to put on all of your gifts this year. You will be amazed by how easy and inexpensive bow making can be. Be your own bow maker!   I would highly recommend watching Bonnie's easy to follow videos on typing bows like a pro using the Zutter Bow-It-All V2 Bow Maker on the Really Reasonable Ribbon YouTube Channel.

Please come and enter your card in our current Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge starting November 6th for "Tag - You're It" with ribbon or trim taking place on the RRR Blog.

1 comment:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

These are beautiful, Nancy! You sure do know your way around ribbon! Welcome to the team! Hugs!