Translate

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Golden Wedding Anniversary

Welcome back and I hope you are enjoying our new challenge with Scrapy Land Blog this week - Anything Goes. Come see what our wonderful Scrapy Land designers have to share with you.
Thank you again for sharing your beautiful cards on the Scrapy Land Challenge and we enjoy seeing what you have created besides learning so much you.

I want to share the card that I made for my one of my card-making friends using the gorgeous Sue Wilson Designs dies that were purchased at Scrapy Land.com.  I used the Sue Wilson Designs-California Collection- Decorative Frame A and Decorative Frame B and behind these frames is the gorgeous Sue Wilson Designs-Scandinavian Collection-Copenhagan.  I would highly recommend that you buy both the Decorative Frame A and Decorative Frame B  since these die sets layer well together.

Using gold metallic card stock paper, I cut out three Sue Wilson Designs-Striplet-Emroidered dies using all three dies in this set.  I used the main die and cut three times on the fold white card and glued each gold die onto each cut.  


I glued a 1/2" wide ivory satin ribbon on the striplet and made a double bow with a rhinestone heart ribbon slider buckle in the middle.  I put together a hat pin and glued it in the middle of the bow.  


I love the Sue Wilson Designs-Lace Edge Leaves for my vintage cards.  The white butterfly next to the Wild Orchid Craft flowers is from the Sue Wilson Designs-Delicate Garden Frame set.  I use this butterfly often since this butterfly is about the size I want for many of my cards.  


I make my own angels from a mold and the double hearts came from the wedding department at Walmart.    


I would appreciate a comment to my card and hope you are having a wonderful spring time with your family and friends.   Now it is your turn to share you beautiful card or project with us on the  Scrapyland blog.


Entering this card in the following challenges:
Dies R Us Challenge #48 - Anniversary
Ribbon Girls May Card Challenge - Anything Goes

12 comments:

sarascloset said...

Oh, my, Nancy!!!! This 50th Wedding Anniversary card is so elegant! I love those dies you've used and that amazing bow with the heart and hat pin. The beautiful flower spray balances everything so perfectly! What an amazing gift you have made! Hugs!

Samra said...

Stunning design Nancy! Love the way you used the dies to create the background!
Hugs
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Lori Kobular said...

Such a beautiful and elegant Golden Anniversary card! Love that little angel too!

Maryvonne Coussé said...

What an elegant card !!!Love it and your dies are fabulous !
Hugs
Maryvonne

Anne Temple said...

This is such a beautiful card and so very elegant. I know the recipients will love it too.

Lisa said...

This is so elegant and beautiful, Nancy!! I love how you used the SW Striplet dies for the cover!! The flowers are so pretty!! This is absolutely gorgeous!! The recipients will treasure it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Juliz Design Post said...

A super elegant design Nancy, a beautiful keepsake card for 50 years together.
Julie x

Darlene said...

Oh Nancy, you never let me down! This card is stunning and I truly LOVE the design! Nicely done!!! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘ANNIVERSARY’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Donna Ellis said...

oh so GORGEOUS, Nancy! A beautiful card in every way! hugs, de

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful personalized design, Nancy. The gold card is beautiful cut with the the dies and your ribbon and flowers are the perfect embellishments.

laurie said...

The pink is so pretty with the gold..gorgeous card Nancy!I love that charm too. Thanks for joining us at Dies R Us!

Patricia Chalas said...

Gorgeous!!!