Translate

Friday, May 20, 2016

Vintage Purple Card

Thank you for stopping by and reading about my card.  Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog has an exciting challenge for you called "Vintage" with ribbon and/or trim theme.

I just love the ole time cards with the frilly and lacy ribbons with the aged ole paper.  I have made a vintage card to share with you.  I am loving the purple and cream colors this year and had this paper from an ole stash without a brand name on it and started brain storming on how to make this into vintage card.


I make some vintage cards but I am learning by designers who are fabulous at making vintage cards on  how I can add more of their techniques to my vintage cards.  I noticed that most of these designers were using the lace and frilly ribbon.  They distressed the edges of the papers and sponged different colored inks to give the paper the aged look.

I didn't have the exact colored seam binding ribbon so I used the 1/2" wide cream seam binding ribbon  from Really Reasonable Ribbon and sponged some lavender ink on the ribbon to give it an antique look as well as blending better with the colors of the paper.  I used the Zutter Bow It All to make my bow and used an antique looking pearl brad for the center.  If you don't have the Zutter Bow It All, please view Bonnie Garby's You Tube Video to get started on how to use this fantastic bow maker to made fabulous bows.


 I made my own hat pin and stuck it in the center of the bow.  The seam binding ribbon was attached to the card with 3/8" Scor-Tape from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  

You have heard this from me before but I love the Scor-Tape to stick my bows and ribbons on my cards.  If I make a mistake on the arrangement of the bow or ribbon, I can peel the ribbon or bow off and reset it again several times since the Scor-Tape remains sticky.  

I used a paper distress tool for the edges of the printed paper and then wet the edges with water to give it the edges an old look.  I used Ranger Distress ink and sponged it around the center frames with the sentiment.

I added the Wild Orchid Craft flowers and made the angels from a mold.  I added a white feather around the bow since women in the 1800s wore feathers in their hats.

Supplies:
Sue Wilson Design-California Collection-Decorative Frame B
 Sue Wilson Design-Scandinavian Collection-Copenhagen
Sue Wilson Design-Laced Edge Leaves
Ribbon:  Cream Seam Binding ribbon
3/8" Scor-Tape
Wild Orchid Crafts
Cheery Lynn Design - Small Butterfly set #1
Angels that I made from molds and hat pin I made using various jewelry beads and a hat pin
Brazzill cardstock

Keep visiting the Really Reasonable Ribbon blog to continue to see the wonderful projects and cards that Really Reasonable Ribbon Designers have for you.  Can't wait to see what you have created!



4 comments:

Stampsnob. said...

Gorgeous Nancy I just joined your blog Pop over and join mine .........Lis

Lori Kobular said...

Love that Vintage look! Your ribbon is gorgeous! Love all the details on your card!

Donna Ellis said...

How lovely, Nancy! The soft pink ribbon and jewelry is gorgeous - your cards always touch my heart. hugs, de

Debbie Adams said...

This is just gorgeous!