Translate

Saturday, September 25, 2021

Halloween Treat Cards with Graphic 45 Midnight Tales

Welcome back and Nancy, here.  Get ready to dish out some fun surprises this Halloween with these simple treat card holders with a pocket to fit favorites like mini candy bars, lollipops, gift cards, and even cash. No matter who you gift your treat holder to, each one says “Trick or Treat” in its own unique way.   I will be showing other cards and projects each week showcasing the Graphic 45 Midnight Tales collection.  



This collection is filled with vivid fall colors of gorgeous fairies, witches, pumpkins and black cats along with these little beautiful flowers.  You will have fun playing with the Graphic 45 Midnight Tales for your photo albums, projects and cards.  


The card measures 5 1/2 x 7" and it is a tri-fold meaning three pages.  I always use heavy weight white poster board to prevent any warping since my cards have layers and weight from the embellishments.  I wrap the cards with saran wrap before sliding the card in a bubble envelope so that some of the embellishments don't stick through the envelope and get ruined in the mailing.  

I cut out two 10 3/4" x 7" frame and scored at the 5 1/2" and 6" for each panel.  I glued each side together on the panels to form the three sides.  

Now the fun begins of the layers and embellishments.  I am using the Graphic 45 Midnight Tales Ephemera and Journal cards for most of the pages along with four sides of the Graphic 45 Midnight Tales cardstocks.  I found some solid orange, purple and black cardstock to frame the journal cards.  

Also, I made earlier the moon using epoxy resin in the  Prima Marketing mould-Nocturnal Elements and colored it with Prima Marketing Redesign Brass wax.  

I handmade the purple flower using the Graphic 45 Tags and Flower Die set and sponged on Distress purple ink.  The leaves were cut out using the Heartfelt Creation Classic Rose Vine die set.  I used the Dress My Craft Pink Celebration Sequins and 28 Lilac Lane Shaker Mix - Safari Sunrise.   along with the gorgeous glass looking Stamperia Glamour Green Sparkles around the cut out Enchanting Banner from the collection and adhering it with Beacon 3-in-1 Advanced glue.  I fussy cut a pumpkin from a journal card and used my fingers behind the pumpkin to form a 3D and just glued behind the edges of the pumpkin to the card to emphasize the pumpkin.

I made the inside pocket using solid black cardstock and cut a 6 1/2" x 6" and scored the length on each side on the score line at 1/4" and  1/2" and for the height, score at 3" and 3 1/2".  The front measures 5 1/2" length and 3" height.  Fold the score lines and glue to form the box.  Glue to the card.

I covered four sides since the right side folds inside the card and there wasn't anything on it so it looks more complete have to do this side when it is taken out of the envelope and opening it up.

So get crafting for Halloween for your little spooks and goblins and hope this will inspire you with ideas and supplies all available at The Rubber Buggy.

My cards and projects are always posted on Saturday.  Keep watching and thank you so much for those wonderful comments as well as suggestions. 

Enjoy and Happy Crafting!





 


No comments: