Translate

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Five Side Card Happy Birthday

Welcome back Scrapy Land bloggers and what an exciting challenge "Oh Happy Spring".  The designers have exciting projects and cards to share with you and we hope you have some to share with us on the Scrapy Land Blog



I made a five sides card to share with you today.  The entire card was made with the Sue Wilson dies ordered from Scrapy Land.com.  I love Scrapy Land's fast delivery and fantastic customer service.  I ordered the Sue Wilson Magical Butterfly set and SW Camellia Flower dies on Friday and received them on Monday. 

The roses and blue flowers are from the Sue Wilson Camellia Flower set.   It comes with 31 dies in this set.  I cut these flowers on white water color  paper and used a sponge to apply the blue and rose colored ink on the flowers and glued 4mm flat back pearls on the blue flowers.   I glued the small blue flowers on the Frantic Stamper Bird on Pussywillow Branch after applying green ink on the branches with a sponge. 

I use the Sue Wilson Lace Edge Leaves die set on all of my vintage cards with flowers.  The
Sue Wilson-Gemini Die-Orion is on both ends of this card.  The Sue Wilson Magical Butterfly comes with several butterflies and I cut out two of the same butterflies and glued one behind the other to look like they are flying.  The butterflies are embossed with pearl white embossing powder and sponged with light blue pearlescent ink. 

Both right and left inside has the gorgeous Sue Wilson Striplet-Lattice Heart, SW Magical Butterflies and Sue Wilson Camellia Flower set. 


 
I have the Sue Wilson-Expression Collection-Scripted Happy Birthday and the Sue Wilson-New York Collection-Madison Square on the inside of the card.  The purple frame is also part of the Madison Square die set.  I tried using the outside frame of this set but it didn't work so the paper cut between the two dies looked good behind the frame.  The small rose and blue flowers were made using the SW Camellia die set.  Since it is the springtime theme, I used SW Magical butterflies on all sides of this card.   
 
The lavender paper is Bazzille and the printed paper came from a retired Stampin Up paper. 
 
 
 
Sue Wilson Magical Butterflies
Sue Wilson Lace Edge Leaves
Sue Wilson - Heart Lattice Striplet
Sue Wilson- Madison Square
Sue Wilson-Happy Birthday Scripted
Sue Wilson- Orion
Sue Wilson-Camellia Flowers
Frantic Stamper-Bird on Pussy Willow Branch

 

 
Scrapy Land sells these gorgeous dies plus over 40-name-brand dies at a discount.  Plus this company has fast service, great customer service and reasonable prices. 
 
Would appreciate any comments and if you have further questions, you can always e-mail me at lehill@mtida.net.  If you would like to see any future cards made by me, select follower on my blog at http://hillfarmcards.blogspot.com.
 
Thank Again!

9 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Stunningly beautiful card Nancy!! I LOVE all the Sue Wilson dies you used to make this masterpiece! The papers are so pretty and your flowers and butterflies look amazing!

Samra said...

Gorgeous birthday card Nancy! I added camellia die to my wish list :) you can never have enough flower dies, right?
Thank you for the inspiration.
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Anne Temple said...

Fabulous birthday card. Love all the dies you've incorporated into your beautiful design.

Nancy Hill said...

I apologize to Ribbon Girls Challenge blog that I added my card and read later that it needed an image.

Maryvonne Coussé said...

Oh Nancy, these dies SW you used create a perfect set! Very beautiful card, I would like to receive a card like this one !!!A real gift for the recipient
Hugs
Maryvonne

Lisa said...

This is absolutely amazing, Nancy!! The dies you used are so fabulous!! I love the design and the colors!! Wow!! This is stunning!! I love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Patricia St Martin said...

Nancy, Fantastic job, love the beautiful paper and the combinations of the die cuts. Did you make one of Becca Feeken flower bows? Looks really pretty.
Hugs Pat

Nancy Hill said...

No, I didn't know that Becca had a flower bow. I used my Zutter Bow it All with Scor Tape under the bow after making it to arrange it in a circle. I use Scor Tape often to arrange my bows since I can take the ribbon off and the ribbon will stick well again on the tape. The bow and ribbon will stay on the tape and not come off after several tries of arranging the bow or ribbon on this tape.

sarascloset said...

Nancy, your 5 sided (!) card is GORGEOUS! I love all the dies you've used and that camellia die is at the top of my wish list, now that I've seen it used by you so stunningly! I swear those pink flowers look like real camellias!

To answer your question, I remove the tube from the spritzer of spray. It has a little bit of the stain in the tube, and I just patiently touch the edges of my flowers. I think you could get the same results with the regular stain, and it would probably be a WHOLE lot easier--I just don't have Wilted Violet in the stain. Love that color, don't you?! Hugs!