Translate

Saturday, June 9, 2018

Father's Day Card to Husband

 Welcome nd Nancy Hill, Design Team for The Rubber Buggy.  Father's Day is June 17th and I like to make cards for my sons and husband.  I am not going into detail on how to make this since this is my first mix media card one and still learning.  My goal was to make it as rustic as possible since we live on a farm and lots of rustic farm equipment around.   I looked at numerous tutorials and examples to learn a few techniques on how to use mix media supplies and how others layered some of their cards with gears and clocks.

I cut out the top left section of the Ciao Bella Leonardo rice paper and sprayed the back with adhesive spray to adhere to a sheet of red/brown cardstock.  The embossed paper behind it was embossed with a Tim Holtz embossing folder.


Ciao Bella Leonardo Rice Paper

What I did learn is the love of certain products that will get you started with mix media.  First - the need for gesso to coat the paper for the colored inks and paste. I purchased the Prima Marketing Finnabair Art Basics Mixed Media Essentials  Gessos that comes black, white and clear.  This will be step one in coating the paper before adding the different colored paste and inks.  


The Prima Marketing Metallique Wax are so beautiful when applied to these gears and clocks and easy to apply as well as wipe off before the ink dries. This wax reminds me of applying the old shoe polish.   I especially love the Prima Marketing Rich Copper with the White Gold since it adds just enough sheen to the gears and background paper to give it nice rustic and metallic look.  
 I added the different colors of the 

Prima Marketing Finnabair Art Extravagance Rust Effect Paste - Metal Rust except for the green this time.  These jars have a sandy texture which brings out the rust effect on the gears, nuts, and watches.  I just use a brush to dab on some of these colors on these metal embellishments.


Products used 
Tim Holtz Timeless Clock Faces
Tim Holtz Mini Pocket Watches
Sizzix/Tim Holtz Diamond Plate & Riveted Metal Embossing Folder

I hope I have inspired you try out these mixed media products that are available at The Rubber Buggy on-line store.  My cards and projects are always posted on Saturday.  Keep watching and thank you so much for those wonderful comments as well as suggestions. 

Enjoy and Happy Crafting!


Nancy Hill
The Rubber Buggy Design Team






No comments: