Translate

Saturday, February 23, 2019

Happy Birthday Easel Card

 Welcome back and Nancy, here, excited to share my easel card made with the adorable Stamping Bella Eva Loves to Celebrate and Lawn Fawn Stitched Scalloped Rectangle Stackable Frame with the beautiful Lemon Craft Sweet Secret patterned paper from The Rubber Buggy on-line store.  
Lawn Fawn Stitched Scalloped Rectangle Stackable Frame
Lemon Craft Sweet Secret 

Stamping Bella Eva Loves to Celebrate

I created a tutorial on how I make my easel card boxes at:  https://hillfarmcards.blogspot.com/2017/10/tutorial-on-easel-card-with-drawer.html.  This easel card will be folded down for mailing and storage.

I always do a little modification using less or heavier weight cardstock for the main frame of the box since it will be covered with the patterned paper since.  I want my box and easel card to stand firm and not have any warps so I like my main frame  using 110 lb or heavier card stock for my boxes to prevent warping.

I used the smallest of the  Lawn Fawn Stitched Scalloped Rectangle Stackable Frame and cut out six white cardstock and three with acrylic clear sheet.  I used another smaller rectangle die and centered it three of the scalloped rectangle for the window and glued the acrylic clear cut out behind it with the Beacon 3 in 1 glue.  I cut out the Lawn Fawn Be My Valentines and adhered each of the words to the other three white cardstocks.  I added the white sequins and adhered the windows with the other cut out with the wording with 3D to form the three shadow boxes and glued it onto the card.  

I colored and fussy cut the Stamping Bella Eva Loves to Celebrate and glued it onto the card. I adhered a scallop border die cut behind the card.   I used a hot glue gun to adhere the 5mm string of pearls around the front of the card before gluing it on the easel. Again, to see the details of how to do an easel card, visit my tutorial at https://hillfarmcards.blogspot.com/2017/10/tutorial-on-easel-card-with-drawer.html.



I cut out four pink cardstock frames and adhere around the sides of the boxes.  I cut out 6 Heartfelt Creations Fleur Border dies with another paper in the Lemon Craft Sweet Secret collection and used a spray adhesive to the back to adhere around the box.  I love this die set since the corners are gorgeous on many projects and I love the size of this border with the gorgeous Venice lace appearance for my boxes and projects.
Heartfelt Creations Fleur Border dies



I painted white acrylic paint on the Prima Marketing - Memory Hardware - Chambery Antique Knobs and used my finger to smear on Prima Marketing - Art Alchemy - Metallique Wax - Vintage Gold to the knob.  I used a hot glue gun to adhere to the front of the box.





Using the largest of the Lawn Fawn Stitched Scalloped Rectangle Stackable Frame, I cut out a frame using the pink cardstock and used my cutting board around the outside stitched frame for a border for the inside of my card.  I an ole Spellbinder heart die to the stamped sentiment and used 3D foam on the back of the heart to adhere to the inside of the card.  The main purpose of using 3D foam is to add height so that the front of the card will lay behind the heart.  I added a gorgeous Wild Orchid Craft 15mm rose to the center of my handmade seam binding bow.  I adhere this bow with a hot glue gun this time. 

Entering this easel card in the following challenges:
Double D Challenge: Pink and White
Scrapyland Challenge #108 - Anything Goes using a die (Lawn Fawn Stitched Scalloped Rectangle Stackable Frame, Cheery Lynn Doily Die, Spellbinder Heart die, Cheery Lynn Scallop Border die, Lawn Fawn Happy Birthday border die)

I hope I have inspired you try out these products available at The Rubber Buggy on-line store.  My cards and projects are always posted on Saturday.  Keep watching and thank you so much for those wonderful comments as well as suggestions. 
Enjoy and Happy Crafting!

8 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW! Absolutely beautiful and sure to bring a HUGE smile! I've bookmarked your tutorial for future playtime ... thanks!
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Pink & White’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my goodness, this is cute, and so sweet in the pink and white! Sweet inside, too, with the treats. What a beautiful box! It makes such a wonderful gift. I can't say enough! Thank you so much for sharing your tutorial and for sharing with us at Double D!

Tiphanie B. said...

Your creation is so pretty ! I love the soft colors and the design. Thank you for joining us at Scrapyland challenge

aussie aNNie said...

Always love a PINK AND WHITE card, and this is gorgeous.. Thanks for your entry and good luck in the draw @ DOUBLE D
{aNNie}Designer for Double D challenges

Hulka z papieru said...


This is great!
Thank you for playing on the Studio75 blog - DT Edyta

Judy Woodland said...

WHOA!!! I am blown away by your wonderful creation. So well thought out and designed. Really cute image, what a lovely birthday gift!!! Great take on the Mood Board, thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D Pink and White Challenge. Hope we see you back again soon!!
Judy~ DD DT
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!!


Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the design and the details you added!! It's beautiful!! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Martina said...

Congratulation! Super work!