Translate

Saturday, April 4, 2020

Ciao Bella Gift Box


Welcome back and I am so excited to share my altered wooden box made with the beautiful 
So many birthdays this spring and I wanted to make this gift box filled with chocolate, adorable kitchen towels and also handmade items from Idaho to surprise my niece on her birthday.  The Ciao Bella Sicilia paper collection is available at The Rubber Buggy on-line store that carries all of the wonderful name-brand products and supplies for all of your crafting needs.
Ciao Bella - Sicilia- 12 x 12 Prints Paper Collection (CBPM033)
I used a hot glue gun, Beacon 3-n-1 Advanced glue and Scor Tape to adhere the papers and embellishments on my box.  The Rubber Buggy carries a variety of widths of Scor Tape.  I had the 1" width but could have used a larger width.

Inside with Gifts

Inside 

Back of Box With My Name on It

One of the papers in the beautiful Ciao Bella Sicilia has this design so I cut it out and used the Scor Tape to take it on and added a stamp with my name on it.  The Rubber Buggy carries a variety of sizes of Scor Tape and I had the 1" width that I used on this box.  
The flowers were handmade using the Heartfelt Creations Large Sweet Peony die and
LeCrea Design Flower Foam.  I used a hot glue gun to adhere the Prima Marketing Memory Hardware Petite Round Frame after adding some Prima Marketing waxes.  Using an alphabet die, I cut out five sets of the word "Tammy" and glued each letter together to make five layers for height.  I coated each letter with white gesso but any white paint will work.  I applied the NUVO Aqua Shimmer pen to each letter.  I added 1/75" wide Venice lace behind the resin frame.  Also I used a hot glue gun to adhere the 5mm flat back pearls around the box.

Heartfelt Creations Large Sweert Peony Die (HCD1-7174)LeCrea Design Flower Foam Sheet Set - YellowPrima Marketing Memory Hardware Resin Frames - Petite Round Frame

The beautiful metal corners is from the Tim Holtz Ideo-Ology Metal Vignette Accents painted first with Prima Marketing Finnabair Art Basics - Heavy Gesso White and lightly dabbed the
Prima Marketing-Art Alchemy-Dragon Eye paint with the same brush in a few area. I really love the gold in this paint and recommend using wax paper inside the lid as extra to keep these jars from drying out.  Some people also recommend putting the jars in a Zip Lock bag as well to prevent drying out quickly.
 Prima Marketing - Art Alchemy - Sparks - Dragon's Eye 50ml (PM-964054)

I had some resin fairies in my ole stash that I painted with Copic Markers and used a hot glue gun to adhere to the inside and on the front near the flowers.

I hope I have inspired you try out these products available at The Rubber Buggy on-line store.  My cards and projects are always posted on Saturday.  Keep watching and thank you so much for those wonderful comments as well as suggestions. 

Enjoy and Happy Crafting!

No comments: