Translate

Saturday, March 21, 2020

Stamping Bella Uptown Girls and Technique for Backgrounds

Welcome back and Nancy, here, to share some fun Stamping Bella Uptown Girls stamps with different techniques for the backgrounds for each card.  The Rubber Buggy carries the Stamping Bella stamps and I just love the Stamping Bella Uptown Girls stamps.  I created three cards to share with you and will go through how I did each background.  

I stamped each girl with the Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I used Copic Markers to color each one.  You can fussy cut each one but I have a very handy Brothers Scan and Cut machine to do it for me. 
I always use the Beacon 3-in-1 Advance glue and Scor Tape for my cards and projects.
This adorable Stamping Bella-Uptown Girl-Curvy Girl Eats Cake is so much fun to color.  I find that viewing a variety of on-line videos of how people color their images helps me so much and advances my skills in coloring. I cut out the present below the girl from another Stamping Bella-Uptown Girl-Eva Loves Her Cake stamp since it seemed to coordinate well.
For my background, I used the Tim Holtz Rose stencil, Ranger Distress Oxide Ink:  Spun Sugar and Spiced Marmalade and some darker pink ink.  I highly recommend using the new Picket Fence Studio brushes new at The Rubber Buggy for sponging now.  I add the ink and then tap my brush on a scrap paper to brush off excess ink and then applied the ink for sponging.  I can pretty much clean the brush off with a paper towel to apply other colors.  After a complete day of sponging, I just use a little soap and water which cleans off all of the inks from the brush and let dry to use the next day. 

This Stamping Bella-Uptown Girl-Eva Birthday Cake is still one of my go-to stamps for my birthday cards for my granddaughters.  I used a white pen for her dress.  I stamped out a Wild Rose Studio sentiment and used a circle punch to cut it out.  The background papers are in the Heartfelt Creations Classic Petunia paper pad collection..The patterned paper with the petunias was cut out with the paper pad and I added a scalloped border on each side before adhering the oval on top.
For the star background, you can use a star punch, die or stencil on white cardstock.  I added some transfer paste which could be substituted for glue. Let dry and then use a rainbow foil (which I used a rainbow transfer foil sheet). I love the festive shine from the foil for this girl.  Then I adhered the Stamping Bella Eva Love Her Cake with the sentiment on top of the oval.


I just love this Stamping Bella-Uptown Girl-Charlotte Loves To Shop for my teenage grand daughters.  I used a brick stencil and sponged on Ranger Oxide Distress inks:  Mustard Seed and Shaded Lilac before adhering her to the card.  Then I stamped the sentiment which came with the stamp.  I added the  Lemon My Sweet Provence patterned paper to the frame.  I adhere the Wild Orchid Craft flowers to the card with my ribbons.  

I hope I have inspired you try out these products available at The Rubber Buggy on-line store.  My cards and projects are always posted on Saturday.  Keep watching and thank you so much for those wonderful comments as well as suggestions. 

Enjoy and Happy Crafting!


No comments: