Translate

Saturday, April 3, 2021

Sew Happy Birthday Card

Welcome back and hope you are 'Sew' great this weekend.  I wanted to make a friend a sewing theme card with a rather a shabby chic vintage feel.  No sewing card would be complete without sewing items which came from  from the gorgeous  Scrapaholic Sewing Kit chipboard. I used a metallic silver spray to cover the scissors, sewing thread and needle and used pink baker twine in the center of the sewing thread. 
The Rubber Buggy has a few remaining Stamperia Provence paper pads which I love using for my shabby chic/vintage cards with the beautiful rose and lavender colors and flowers.   I fussy cut the lace from the Stamperia Provence paper and added it to the middle of the card.  I made some fabric looking cut outs from the Stamperia Provence paper using zig zag scissors and use a zig zag stitch around the inside of each square.  

I typed out and printed the sentiment used a scallop punched to cut it out and lightly sponged the Distress Ground Espresso ink on it before gluing the small buttons below it.  I added EK Success 3D foam dots behind the sentiment

I embellished the card with a Wild Orchid Craft rose, doily, lace, needles in the center of the laced bow with  beads to the needles, buttons, cut off measuring tape sponged with Ranger Distress Collage Medium Vintage paste which dries semi-translucent with a vintage tinted matte finish.  

I used a hot glue gun adhering the chipboard and measuring tape to the card.  The rest of the card was layered and adhered with Beacon 3-in-1 Advanced Glue.

Inside of the card, I added the same embellishments of a doily and cut out paper that resembles fabric from the Stamperia Provence paper.  I was able to type and print the sentiment to add for the journal from the Stamperia Provence paper pad and adhered it with Beacon 3-in-1 Advanced Glue.
Thanks for your visit today!  The Rubber Buggy has the crafting supplies for your next project. So have fun crafting this weekend with these products.   My cards and projects are always posted on Saturday.  Keep watching and thank you so much for those wonderful comments as well as suggestions. 
Enjoy and Happy Crafting!



No comments: