Translate

Saturday, August 14, 2021

Zuri Designs Owl

Welcome back and Nancy, here.  The Rubber Buggy has a new line of Zuri Design moulds and I want to share an altered shadow box made with the Zuri Designs Owl Tales mould along with another mould that I thought coordinated well with this owl.  I was inspired to do work with this owl since we have Great Horn owls screeching next to our bedroom window all night long.  Their screeching means that they have a little family nearby probably in our barns.  This winter, they will be hooting rather than that screeching which is more of a pleasant sound from these owls. 

There is so many possibilities of what to do with this owl.  You can put this owl on a cake using a special icing but I was torn between gluing this owl on a vase, on an Apache Tear hanging or in a shadow box.  Since I had this pine cone and branch mould, I decided to glue this owl inside a shadow box with the pine cones and branches on the outside.  

The owl was created first with the A1Creative White Stone resin.  I sprayed the owl with a primer spray and then colored with Prima Marketing waxes and acrylic paints.  

I covered the shadow box with Stamperia Forest paper using Beacon 3-n-1 Advanced glue and sandpapered the edges and sponged on Ranger Distress Vintage Photo and Ranger Distress Ground Espresso ink to blend with the side of the frame which wasn't covered with paper.
 
All of you know I love my Prima Marketing waxes besides the Prima Marketing acrylic paints.  Of course, my favorite is the Prima Marketing Decor Brass wax and Prima Marketing Firebird wax.   I used a paint brush for the waxes and paints.  I used some Prima Marketing Green Goblin,  Prima Marketing Blue Lagoon and Prima Marketing Golden Moss acrylic paints for the pine branches and details in the owl.  I just love the golden sheen in the Golden Moss green paint.  I adhered with a hot glue gun the Prima Marketing Finnabair Vintage Art Pebbles in the center of the owl as well as gluing the owl inside the shadow box.   I used glue to add some moss around the owl to blend into the shadow box.
Zuri Designs Owl Tales mould

So have fun with these moulds and would love to see what you created today.  Join the fun and post your projects and cards on The Rubber Brigade Facebook Group page.

So get crafting and have a fabulous  day and thanks for visiting.

 The Rubber Buggy has the crafting supplies for your next project. So have fun crafting this weekend with these products.   My cards and projects are always posted on Saturday.  Keep watching and thank you so much for those wonderful comments as well as suggestions. 

Enjoy and Happy Crafting!






No comments: