Translate

Saturday, August 7, 2021

Creating a Shabby Chic Vase



Welcome back and Nancy, here.  I am fairly new with castings and moulds and with The Rubber Buggy expanding their mould products and supplies, I decided to add to my crafting adventures and experiment using their new line of Zuri Design mould along with one older Prima Marketing mould along with their new line of A1 Creative Resin.  I have used the Stamperia soft moulds in the past posted on my blog on gift boxes which are wonderful to use.

I bought this used flower vase that had no finish to it.  If you haven't done any casting in a mould with resin, check out my U-Tube Video by clicking HERE.

1.  I used 1Creative White Stone Resin to the Zuri Design Flower Festival mould and let dry 24 hours.  A few weeks ago, I used Art Resin epoxy resin to the Zuri Design Wings in Wind and Prima Marketing Vintage Art - Louise mould and let dry 24 hours.

2.  I glued  the castings from the moulds to the flower vase with a hot glue gun.  Overall, I would have not had to break the flowers to adhere to the mould if I casted them with epoxy resin.  I used a hot glue gun to the broken parts of the flower to the vase.

3.  Sprayed the vase with the castings with Rust-Oleum Bonding Primer and let dry.


5.  I glued to the side of the flowers the Stamperia Glamour Sparkles Green to add to the shine.

6.  Added some rhinestone bling to the dragonfly.

7.  I sponged on the Prima Marketing Royal Robes wax to the vase. 

8.  I adhered the Prima Marketing Pumpkin and Spice SIIC crystal to the center of the casting on top of the vase with a hot glue gun.  

9.  I sprayed on the Rust-Oleum Lacquer to cover the castings and vase for that glossy finished appearance and so that the colors will not rub off if water come into contact with the vase.  

So have some new adventures and try out these moulds and gorgeous colors to paint them.




So get crafting and have a fabulous  day and thanks for visiting.

 The Rubber Buggy has the crafting supplies for your next project. So have fun crafting this weekend with these products.   My cards and projects are always posted on Saturday.  Keep watching and thank you so much for those wonderful comments as well as suggestions. 

Enjoy and Happy Crafting!



No comments: