Translate

Saturday, January 8, 2022

Blue Fern Studio Yuletide Christmas Card with Pocket

Welcome back Friends!  Love making cards and projects when I play with beautiful papers like this Blue Fern Studio Yuletide paper collection!   Nancy, here, to share another one of my vintage shabby chic Christmas cards made with the beautiful Blue Fern Studio Yuletide cardstock of Christmastime in Victorian days with winter florals, classic patterns, birds, and berries showcasing wintry themes of ice-skating and sleds of warm vintage tones throughout the collection to create your beautiful cards, albums,  and home decor with this incredible collection.
This vintage card is adorned with a wintery pearly and flourish snowflake shaker chipboard (Laserowe Love Chipboard Bauble Ornament Shaker Box Shabby Wintery chipboard) and adding sequins behind the snowflake ornament for added movement to the card.  After cutting my burlap to frame the sentiment, I pulled some of the rows of burlap strings around the edges to add to that rustic appearance. 

Solid cardstock:  My Color Cardstock - Gold Metallic cardstock, Deep reddish brown cardstock, white heavy weigh cardstock for frame.
Chipboard: Laserowe Love Chipboard Bauble Ornament Shaker Box Shabby Wintery chipboard
Flowers and Berries:  Wild Orchid Craft Flowers
Embellishments:  Handmade bow May Art ribbon, handmade Mays Art Jute Burlap, May Art Crochet lace
Tools:  Scor Pal Scoring Board, Tonic Studio Super Crafter Trimmer and Scorer

TIP: Ribbons and/or lace add texture and elegance to a card.  Add some jute to this bow for that added rustic appearance and top it with a cluster of daisies, rustic colored rose and red berries to coordinate with the patterned paper. I even added lace using Scor-Tape for the edge of my card.  

TIP:  For that rustic appearance, take your fingers and tear lightly inward around the edges of your paper.  Take your finger nails and scratch along the edges or scissors for that worn out look.  Sometime, I sponge a little bit of Ranger Espress or Ranger Vintage Photo ink around the torn edges.  



I added a pocket made with rustic metallic gold cardstock and added the gorgeous birds from this cardstock.  I made a handmade bow with some berries since I always love ribbon any where I can have it on my cards and projects.

I added the Yuletide cardstock to both sides of the inside of my card.  I added some Ranger Distress Espresso ink to the snowflake chipboard to blend with the cardstock.  I fussy cut some of the flowers from the cardstock with the pine cones and adhered it to the card.  I love how my burlap blends so well with the burlap in the printed picture of these vintage ice skaters.  


Blue Fern Studio Yuletide Christmas Trimmings

Blue Fern Studio Yuletide Christmas Wrappings

So get crafting and have a fabulous  day and thanks for visiting.

 The Rubber Buggy has the crafting supplies for your next project. So have fun crafting this weekend with these products.   My cards and projects are always posted on Saturday.  Keep watching and thank you so much for those wonderful comments as well as suggestions. 

Enjoy and Happy Crafting!



 

No comments: