Translate

Saturday, February 18, 2023

Sizzix Tim Holtz Thinlit Dies Gentlement card

Welcome back and Nancy, here, to share a steampuckcard made with new 2023 arrival of 


This card measures 5" x 6" and I will go over what I did and you can do the same or come up with your own fabulous ideas.

I love these two older Tim Holtz embossing folders and used silver metallic cardstock, sprayed lightly water on the back of the cardstock and ran through my Sizzix Big Shot about three times.  I cut out part of one embossing folder and glued to the other.  I used my fingers to smear Prima Marketing Redesign Brass wax along with Prima Marketing Charcoal Black wax around the embossing. I sponged on Distress Campfire and Black Soot ink by just using the ink pad flat with the embossing folder on parts of the embossing folder.

I sponged the gears and cogs with my new favorite Prima Marketing Redesign Brass wax along with another Prima Marketing Firebird wax and Charcoal Black.   I used Prima Marketing Redesign Brass wax with Prima Marketing Firebird wax on the Prima Marketing Rusty Pipeline mould casting.  I used an epoxy resin for my mould and let dry over night before coloring and adhering to my card.  I used the small pipes  in this mould for this card.  I added a few other metal embellishments from my stash and adhered these to the card with Beacon 3-in-1 Advanced Glue.
 
I brushed on ReDesign - Decor Wax 1.69 oz (50 ML) - Brass on the Sizzix Gentlement die cuts since I wanted to tone down the black die cut men and have other embellishments to be as noticeable on the card.

I cut out the 4-Leaf clovers with the Sizzix 3-D Lucky Love Impresslits with a brass  cardstock.  First cut out about a 4" square and spray lightly with water on the back of the cardstock and then run it through the Sizzix Big Shot about four times for the desired impression.  In the past, I have colored these impresslit die cut and placed the die cuts back into the impresslit embossing folder and ran through the Sizzix Big Shot again to bring out the 3-D embossing.   

I found a sentiment in the Tim Holtz sentiment label package and added some glue behind it and adhered it to the card.

Supplies:
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and ideas that you’ll be able to use in your own crafty adventures.  The Rubber Buggy has the crafting supplies for your next project. So have fun crafting this weekend with these products.   My cards and projects are always posted on Saturday.  Keep watching and thank you so much for those wonderful comments as well as suggestions. 



No comments: