Translate

Saturday, September 16, 2017

Thinking Of You

 Welcome back bloggers and I am sooooo excited to share with you some techniques that I have used on my autumn card made with Heartfelt Creations Woodsy Wonderland and Heartfelt Creations Sun Kissed Fleur Flowers dies and stamps sets along with NUVO Embellishment Mousse colors and Copic markers.  All of these amazing coordinating Heartfelt Creations papers, dies and stamps sets  came from The Rubber Buggy on-line store.  The Rubber Buggy has wonderful name-brand craft products with fast delivery and fantastic customer service. 

I love the coordinating dies, stamps and paper in the Heartfelt Creations Woodsy Wonderland collection.  We have several relatives who love the outdoors and also a few hunters.  I have made several cards and projects with this collection and love how easy it is to make wonderful cards and this shadow box card using the beautiful trees, animals and birds in this collection.  

 I colored most of the animals with Copic markers and the squirrel and birds were cut out of the Heartfelt Creations Woodsy Wonderland paper collection.  

One technique that I love to share with you is that the sunset was colored with NUVO Embellishment Mousse colors of Aqua Marine, Peony Pink, Coral Calypso, Lemon Sorbet and Mother-of-Pearl.  I sprayed some water on the heavy white card stock and also sprayed some water in each of the NUVO Mousse jars.  I would suggest to start on top with the NUVO Mousse Aqua Marine using a sponge or wet cloth and use the Pink and Coral and work in the Lemon Sorbet.  Use the Mother-of-Pearl with a brush to create a few faint clouds in the sunset.  






Heartfelt Creations Sun Kissed Fleur Stamp and Die Set



I sponged on NUVO Embellishment Mousse - Lemon Sorbet, Persian Red and Coral Calypso on the 
Heartfelt Creations Sun Kissed Fleur petals after using a flower molding tool to shape the flowers.  

Another technique that I have found is creating a mix colors in the Prills using Copic markers.  After gluing the center of each flower, I dipped the center in Prills - Go Man Go and let it dry.  I took the fine pointed felt side of the Copic marker and tap some of the tops of the Prills with red, black, green and brown Copic markers.  
Go Man Go Prills
Minnie Pearl Prills

 I did the same steps with these flowers shown below of applying glue and adding the white Minnie Pearl Prills to these flowers.  After the glue dried, I colored most of the Prills with pink and lavender Copic markers using the fine tip of the Copic markers.  

I will need to make a video within a few weeks on how I made my shadow box for this card.  I thought it would take some time but I created this shadow box within minutes.  The depth of the shadow box is only 1/4" which is good for mailing.  I research shadow boxes on line and got some of my ideas and modified some of their instructions.  Keep watching my blog and hopefully, I will get this videoed shortly.


Inside of card
Heartfelt Creations Wishes Stamp Set


The card measures 7 1/2" x 9" and the shadow box measures 6" x 8".  After creating this card, I could have made this smaller and plan on doing this for my next shadow box card.  I plan on creating a winter and/or Christmas card using this same collection and doing a shadow box card.  

Overall, loads of fun creating this card for a very special person.  I plan on putting this in a small box to send it to him. If you plan on giving your card in person, you can gift wrap it in tissue paper or gift wrapping paper.  

I can't wait to see the possibilities that you will create making a shadow box card.  I really encourage you to purchase the entire coordinating collection of the Heartfelt Creations Woodsy Wonderland paper, dies and stamps from 
The Rubber Buggy.


Enjoy and Happy Crafting!


Nancy Hill
The Rubber Buggy Design Team








No comments: