Translate

Thursday, March 5, 2020

Maid of Honor gift boxes

I told one of our Rubber Buggy Brigade members that I will get this posted for her since she is interested in making these boxes.  I thought I had this posted earlier this past year but didn't for The Rubber Buggy so better late than never.  

I made 6 Maid-of-Honor gift boxes for my grand daughter's wedding last year.  Actually, the thinking part took longer than doing it and it was fun making these for her to hand out at her bridal shower.  

The Rubber Buggy has the supplies, embellishments and papers that you will want to have before you begin these fun and exciting gift boxes.The supplies include a hot glue gun, Beacon 3-in-1 glue, Stamperia papers, chipboards, Venice lace, Rosette lace, Prima Marketing metal handles with the Prima Marketing waxes, Tim Holtz Ideo-ology metal labels and plain ole wooden 8 1/2" square cigar boxes made by Darice from some local craft stores or on-line.  I added some additional lace and 6mm flat back pearl string from my stash collected over the years.

I love how I can personalize my projects with this gorgeous Stamperia Ceremony and Stamperia Alphabet papers in this pad that captures the beauty and tranquility of shabby chic or vintage handmade cards, mini albums, journals, and scrapbook pages along with unaltered projects like covering my wooden box that will be filled with chocolates, gifts, a card.



Take off the hinges before painting the inside with plain chalk colored paints.  It doesn't take much paint to cover the boxes with one coat of paint or maybe two.  I used the Beacon 3-in-1 Advanced glue to adhere the papers on top and around the box.  Keep the left over small pieces to cover the bottom of the box for that finished look.  I love gluing these small pieces over other pieces to cover the bottom of the box and the looks are gorgeous when done.  I had these metal corners, handle and label that I covered in white gesso and then used the Prima Marketing Sparks and Prima Marketing waxes.    
I typed and printed out each name and then lightly sponged on distress inks around the names for that vintage appearance.  I cut out some acetate for the front of the label and adhered the name and acetate together before gluing on the metal label.  I used a hot glue gun to glue the metal label onto the wood.




The Rubber Buggy carries a variety of Venise Lace.  I used additional lace as well as 6mm flat back string of pearls on my boxes.

 The Graphic 45 Shabby Chic Door Pull handle and Prima Marketing metal embellishments were painted with white gesso first and then brushed the Prima Marketing Sparks to give it more of a style of vintage and shabby chic.  I used a hot glue gun to adhere the lace and handles, and label on the box.

 But if you aren't familiar with Mod Podge, it's a decoupage medium — an all-in-one glue, sealer and finish used to attach paper and fabric to various surfaces.  To give these boxes a little sheen and finished appearance, I used a Mod Podge after gluing the Stamperia papers on the top, inside lid and bottom of the box before adhering the embellishments.  

I adhered a variety of Wild Orchid craft flowers to the inside of the box.  Again, I used the gorgeous Stamperia Ceremony paper, rosette flower lace and a chipboard for the inside lid.




I hope I have inspired you try out these products available at The Rubber Buggy on-line store.  My cards and projects are always posted on Saturday.  Keep watching and thank you so much for those wonderful comments as well as suggestions. 

Enjoy and Happy Crafting!


No comments: