Translate

Friday, May 8, 2020

Ahoy, Matey Birthday Card

Ahoy, Matey and Arrrrgh you ready to find the treasure?   Nancy, here, with a fun popup Happy Birthday card made this fun  Lawn Fawn Ahoy, Matey and Lawn Fawn Really High Five stamps, die and Lawn Fawn Hello Sunshine paper collection with cute rainbows, sunshine, clouds, and buzzing bees perfect for spring and all available at The Rubber Buggy on-line and retail stores.  
These adorable little pirates are so much fun to play with and you will want this in your treasure of craft supplies. I stamped them with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.   My card measures 5" x 5 1/2".  I cut out the cream cardstock and tore around the edges and crumbled the paper before sponging with the Picket Studio brushes the Distress Oxide inks of a medium and dark brown and the adhered it on brown cardstock measuring 5" x 5 1/2".

 I sprayed the brown edges with water and used my fingers to curl the edges and used Distress Oxide ink and and my Picket Studio brushes to darken the edges again.  I used the same Distress Oxide inks to color the Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside die.

I cut out two different hillside borders and glued together with the treasure chest in the front hillside border.  Also, I glued the palm trees tucked behind the hillside.  I cut out several balloons from the Lawn Fawn Really High Five  stamp set, colored and die cut used a ink pen for some of the string along stamping one string to the little girl pirate.  The little presents are also from the Lawn Fawn Really High Five stamp set that was colored and used scissors to cut it out.
I am really loving the Lawn Fawn Popup Happy Birthday die along with the Lawn Fawn Oliver Stitched Alphabet die set that coordinates with this popup.  These alphabet cut outs can be used on anything besides this popup die and also coordinates with the Lawn Fawn Hello Popup die set.  Normally, you would want to use a wire cutter to cut the dies apart since they come attached with a thin wire but I left mine together since I didn't want one lost and it makes it easier to find the alphabet than sifting through the dies.

The yellow sunshine paper and beautiful rainbow paper is from the Lawn Fawn Hello Sunshine Paper  collection with cute rainbows, sunshine, clouds, and buzzing bees, so this collection is perfect for spring.

Supplies
Paper: 
White, Cream and brown cardstock
Various colors of cardstocks for alphabet
Stamps: 
Dies:
Inks:
Copic Markers for coloring images
Tools: 
Picket Fence Studio Brushes for sponging the brown
Sizzix Big Shot

I hope I have inspired you try out these products available at The Rubber Buggy on-line store.  My cards and projects are always posted on Saturday.  Keep watching and thank you so much for those wonderful comments as well as suggestions. 
Enjoy and Happy Crafting!



No comments: